Monday 2 September 2013

DIY: Flower Crown

Hi guys so I'm going to briefly explain to you how to make a easy do it yourself flower crown. If I knew I was going to do this blog post I would of included pictures along the way so sorry guys :( but i'll try my best to explain to you how I did it and add pictures at the end of the finished product.
So I think flower crowns are so cute and beautiful for the fall time and also if you just want to do a fancy dress or maybe for a event that's going on. When I wore mine it reminded me of a bridesmaid haha. They are super cute and adorable to wear not forgetting easy! 
So here's what you will need: 
-thread 
-needle 
-flowers (I used some from my garden and cut some off but you could use artificial ones or anything like Daisy's will work as well) 

So first what you do is get all your flowers, like I said I cut mine from the garden. Mine were pink and all pretty much the same size but I think it would look even more adorable if you also used leaves, Daisy's, different sized flowers but that's all your choice. 
So get your needle and thread and measure it round your head to fit. 
Once you done that cut it and tie on to needle like usual. 
Then start threading it through the middle of the flowers and keep on going until your flower crown is completed. It's easy as that! I alternated the flowers as well so some were facing each other and some weren't as it gave it a better realistic effect. Make sure to tie it as well so you can pop it on your head afterwards.  
So I hope you understand as they are honestly super easy to do and fun to make. You could also use it to tie round a bun as that also looks nice. :) 
And another idea is to instead of cutting it tie a knot at the end instead and let it be one long string and do a plait in you hair whilst clipping it at the top and plaiting it in with the flowers. This look will look amazing with someone with longer hair. 
So thanks for reading! Hope you make one as sometimes Claire's and other places like Topshop are quite expensive just for a headband when you can make one instead. 
Remember to check out mine and Amber's channel MsBeautyInTheMakingx 
Thanks Jane xxxx
Finished product: 


In a bun: 

No comments:

Post a Comment