Tuesday 28 May 2013

Preparing for Summer

So it may not look like it but I can promise you that summer is on its way. The weather outside is rubbish but lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for better weather. As far as I am concerned June is officially the start of summer and by looking at the calender I can say it's not too far from here. Not far at all!
For summer we need to be prepared wether it is for protection, looking good or what we might need for certain stuff.

1. Sun Cream
Alot of parents usually nag about this and I guess I never realised how important it was till I got burnt on my shoulders a few years back. More than likley I had been burnt before then but it was the time I rememember most as my back was hurting and I couldn't sleep plus I was on holiday and it kinda ruined my time.

The Sun Cream I recommend is  Malibu Protective Sun Lotion 200ml SPF15
I know that alot of people don't wear sun screen because they care more for the fact that they want a tan than protecting their skin but sun burn hutrts and you could regret it afterwards. Its only £2.99 from Superdrug and it comes in SPF6, SPF10, SPF15 and SPF20, all for the same price.
Higher SPF is recommend for hotter countries so if you are going on holiday then it might be a good idea to bring a higher SPF.

 

A Sun Hat.
I personally hate sunhats and never wear them so I guess I am going against my rules. I might sound stupid if this isn't true but I think it protects your head from burning and also shades your eyes. Sun hats don't always look dorky unless your me, so be safe and use them, don't take any risks.
The hat I've chosen is just a common baseball hat from Claire's. I never really know what to look for when it comes down to hats because I don't wear them and don't like them so if you don't it's fine, your not alone! :)
This hat is £7.00 and comes in more than one colour so if you like it you should check them out!


3. Sunglasses.

As well as making you look nice they protect your eyes and I seriously love them!! They are obviously a major fashion statment and they are the things I probably love most of and own most of. There are soo many to chose from, I just love theese things sooo much!!
I've chosen two pairs as I love them both. Recently I did a sunglasses post but I have decided not to use any I used in there as I don't want to be repeating myself and want to give you more options incase any arn't right.

I think these first glasses are quite cool! They are Fun Print Retro Sunglasses for only £7.00 again from Claire's. I like the colours and they remind me of the dip dye/ombre type thing. The colours are also bright which I think suits great with summer as usually thats what it's all about. Obviously they do their job too and thats kind of all you need.
 
I really love these Aviator Glasses again for Claire's and for the same price of £7.00 (Is that all Claire's ever charge?) They are cute but as wierd as It could sound I'm not defenite that I have ever worn Aviator Sunglasses before which means they might not suit me. However I've seen loads of people with these including the youtuber Stilababe09 and I think they are good. None of the glasses at Claire's are expensive and again they do their job. I guess thats all that matters.
 
4. Swimsuits
 
Now these are practically vital at summer and need to be mentioned as I would be suprised if you didn't use one at least once. I quite like these in so many ways as they give you a good figure and allow you chance to catch tan from your legs, arms etc. I am a thin person, anybody can tell you that, but I dont always like my stomach or anything because I feel I'm just too thin. Thats why I wear swinsuits more than bikini's but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wear bikini's alot too.
 
You can get anything from a swimsuit, bikini, tankini and maybe even more (although tbh I think thats it) but I'm going to show you a swim suit and give you chance to find your own of the others if you like.
So this is actually the one I bought and I quite like it. The shape is nice and it also has tummy control if you need it. I like the colour and the pattern. It is called the Pink Twist Draped Bandeau Swimsuit. I just think it's cute and I like the colour (and they had my size). You can get it for £15 from Sainsburys (which you might find wierd but I was passing to go to the loo's and I had been look for one for ages so I got my mum to buy me it ;) Coz I can't aford it but wtf) and now I am happy I have it. They actually have a few nice ones from Sainsburys which may seem suprrisingly as it isn't really a main clothes shop to go to but they are quite nice.
I am sorry this was along post but I love writing them and congrats to us for our 50th post! I hope you liked it and stay safe this summer!!
Watch us on YouTube - Msbeautyinthemakingx
Amber
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment